Sheridan Optometric Centre ReOpening & Offering Appointments!
During the COVID-19 pandemic, the safety and well-being of our patients, staff and doctors is our first priority. Our team will continue to go above and beyond the expectations for optometry practices so that everyone who enters our practice will feel safe. We are sure that you are well aware of the concerns about COVID-19, and we would like you to know the steps we are taking. These measures include, but are not limited to:
An Expectations Checklist—For All of Us
Precautions You should Be Taking
- ALL patient encounters will be by appointment. Walk-ins will not be allowed.
- All patients must complete a COVID-19 questionnaire upon arrival at the practice.
- No paperwork – appointments now require pre-registration on our website.
- We ask that you arrive at your appointment alone unless you are a minor and require adult supervision then we will allow one caregiver inside with the child.
- Patients may be asked to wait in their car for their appointment, depending on how many people are in the practice at any given time
- We ask that upon entering our clinic, that you immediately wash your hands with soap and water or hand sanitizer.
- Anyone who enters the building will be required to wear a face mask. If a patient does not have a mask, we can provide a disposable face mask for you to wear for a small donation to a local food bank.
- We may ask you to leave the office if you show flu-like signs, cold/fever, or coughing.
- Staff will not shake hands with any of our patients. Please don’t take it personally. 🙂
- We will be practicing safe distancing within the clinic and we ask that you do your best to keep a minimum of 6 feet between you and other patients.
Steps Our Practice is Taking
- Appointment times will be spaced further apart to ensure social distancing.
- Hand sanitation stations are available at the entrance and throughout the practice.
- Temperatures will be taken upon arrival.
- Plexiglass shields have been installed at the front check-in desk.
- All of our staff and doctors will be wearing appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including gloves, masks and face-shields.
- Spread-out patient chairs in the optical and reception area – at least 6 feet apart.
- Every chair will be sanitized between each use.
- Each pre-testing and examination rooms are sanitized after every patient exam, including all surfaces, instrumentation, door handles, and equipment.
- We will sanitize frames after a patient has contact with them.
- Regularly cleaning and sanitizing railings, door handles, counters, reception room areas, and all spaces where public interaction occurs.
- Limiting the number of patients in the office or any area at one time.
- The exam room and pretesting instruments will be sanitized after every patient.
- We will be aware of common “touch points” within the clinic such as doorknobs, counters, keyboard, phones, credit card machines, pens, etc. and will be sanitizing these as often as possible.
- All reading material has been removed from the waiting area.
- Pens will be sanitized after each use by a patient.
- No signatures on credit card receipts – touchless transactions when possible.
- Deep cleaning at the end of each day.
- Discussions with doctors and staff will be kept to a minimum.
- Follow up phone calls or telehealth video conferencing will be used as often as possible.